Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Halloween 2006

Halloween 2006 has been a wild ride of activity for me. The 2006 Ghost tours at the Proprietary House in Perth Amboy are finished for the year. I have done ghost tours at haunted museums since the late 1980's as a way to educate the public on ghost phenomenon and as a fund raiser for the museums. Some of those museums have included the Spy House in Port Monmouth, WaterLoo Village in Stanhope, the Metlar House in Piscataway and the current one at the Proprietary House. So, it is always an anticipated activity for me every year. In fact, the Halloween season wouldn't be the same for me without a ghost tour to conduct. This Halloween, however, had some activity that surprised me.


On the second weekend of tours during the 8PM tour I thought a gentleman on the tour was playing a trick on me. I kept feeling as though someone had their hands on my posterior, but I tried to ignore it thinking it was a tour-goer trying to tease me. When the gentleman didn't take his hands away, I had to try a different tactic. All set to tell him to stop I turned around to assertively tell him to stop. However, no one was behind me. I joked with the crowd and continued the tour without any more problems.

On the 9 PM tour, however, I had another encounter only this time the male ghost had more strength to interact with me. Probably, he was able to manifest because of the energy available to him from all the tour goers. When I reached that same spot as the previous tour, I could not stop coughing. An unseen force had me gripped around my neck and it felt like he was choking me. It was difficult to talk and it had become increasingly uncomfortable until the ghost stopped his antics.
This is the first time any ghost at the Proprietary House had ever tried to harm me.
Why did he try to choke me? I don't yet have the answer, but I intend to investigate it further. There must be something that is happening that he is no longer happy about.

Within the next few months I intend to sleep over at the Proprietary House to entice him to do it again.. only I will have a tape recorder and a team of people to stay the night with me.
Any volunteers?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane,
You sound like me when I heard the Spirit's in the house calling my name.I only live with Me & my Spouse,BUT i was going to catch him.Heard it say "What you doing?" and as I turned around,quickly,no-one was there.It's only getting worse here.Please be safe out there.I hate having a Haunted House,and I believe the reading you gave me JUST from looking at my Pic's Because since then My G-Daughter, age 3 at the time,and my Neice,age 3 has seen a Man in our yard.BUT the house is getting stronger and making me & my Husband sick,So Please take care out there.I know they can get mean.And I believe there is still a LOT we dont know.And at this point I am scared and at a Loss for where to get help.Take care and I'll be Praying for you.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jane, I would like to accompany you on any ghost investigation!

Jeanne Donovan, metlar house
732-562-3318

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home