Tuesday, January 08, 2008

2008's Unpredictability

2008 has started off with an indescribable energy field that I can't quite psychically perceive.
For me the new year usually starts off with a great deal of excitement, expectation and feelings of renewed hope, but I am a little perplexed by the start of 2008.

It seems that on the second day of January the usual exciting energy of the new year seemed to dissolve into a neutral energy for me. So much so that I am reluctant to perceive the year at the moment and post my predictions. I am sure these ambivalent feelings will end but for now I have to address my anxiety. To me anxiety can indicate global situations that are potential problems for the world.

Yesterday, Jan. 7th, I woke up feeling overwhelming anxious. Anxiety is not a usual emotion for me. In fact, when I can't control the anxiety or release it, in the past it has indicated a world crisis or accident that affects a lot of people. This happened before the start of the first middle east war, just before the attack on the world trade center, just before the tsunami a few years back, just before the foiled assassination plan years ago on Clinton just to name a few of the previous times I have felt overwhelming anxiety. Now, I don't want to say that there is going to be a war or terrorist attack, but I think something is brewing that is major.

When I couldn't shake this anxiety, I turned on the news to see if I could identify why I was filled with so much emotion. Then I heard about the navy incident involving Iranian speed boats and President Bush going to the middle east, as well as the analysis of the primary election predictions. My anxiety didn't abate. It grew stronger and I have not relaxed yet.

The Iranian incident makes me feel that Iran is trying to provoke us into war. An explosion in the middle east is exactly what some countries there are covertly trying to create. Islamic extremists have infiltrated deeply within Iran, Syria and other middle east countries. That incident has me very uneasy. I believe there will be more that we will encounter.

Bush's visit to Israel has me uneasy. I do not think I will be able to relax until he is back on our soil. Something there will be averted, but there is some sort of violent attempt on Bush's life- which may be covered-up.


With our presidential election taking place in 2008 the extremists passionately want to disrupt our democractic process and cause confusion and "change" within the US in order to make us more vulnerable. Let's face it. The current administration may not be "loved" but that same administration has avoided terrorists attacks on our soil even if we are naive enough in thinking there have been no other attempts since 9-11! There have been close situations in which the public has not been made aware. Missile systems on airplanes?....Why-unless there is information we are not privy too that may warrant that action in order to prevent an attack!
Increased security in NYC more than a year ago because of info of a threat to blow-up tunnels and bridges?

I do not yet feel safe, and secure enough to no longer remember 9-11.
Once this current anxiety leaves me, then I can safely perceive what 2008 will bring for us. Until then, I do not expect to post any predictions until February. Instead, I will say prayers for Bush's safe return, peace in the middle east, and the end of the reign of Islamic extremists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home